Search This Blog

Sunday 20 February 2011

W/C 21st Feb: Out This Week - The Rite Trailer

"The Rite" (15)
Distributor: Warner Bros

Firstly let me have just one quick moan. I really dislike movies that say "inspired by a true story" is this supposed to make us think that 'yeah this can happen' while setting up what is to come in the movie? I am an atheist so is this film being marketed to Christian's who believe in demonic possession? Insipred does not mean it has happened. That's it, why ruin the magic of good film making. I want to get the bad out of the way before deciding whether the trailer would make me go and see the movie. 
I like a good horror movie. Anything that can make me jump automatically makes it a good movie, trust me it will take a lot for a movie to make me jump. On paper this film should be good. It has the great Sir Anthony Hopkins starring and is directed by the man who did a good job with Derailed (not the Steven Seagal Movie) which is a decent enough thriller and 1408 which he did very well adapting the Stephen King Novel, very hard to do right, so he should not have a problem with Matt Baglio's novel of the same name.

Colin O'Donogh (The Tudors) play Michael Kovac a young American priest who travels to the vatican to study exorcism. Being a sceptic it is not until he meets the unorthodox priest Father Lucas Trevant (Hopkins) who introduces him to the dark world of demonic possession that will no doubt test his faith. 
The Trailer has loads of shouting, or acting as they call it, and some cool effects (watch out for the girl with the dark veined eyes and soggy hair.  I haven't read the book but am looking forward to this movie well worth seeing with a girl you know is going to grab you tight at the shear forcefulness of sir Anthony passionate acting skills. 

Judge for yourself and let me know your thoughts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment