Search This Blog

Friday 18 February 2011

Welcome to my blog

Hi all and welcome to Scene 1 take 2.

I will be honest I have never made a blog before and I will tell you why I have decided specifically to make a blog about movies...Claudia Winkleman!!! For all who stumble across this blog and are unaware of British TV presenter let me fill you in. Our fair Claudia has a glittering TV career and has presented  such hit shows like "Strictly come dancing: it takes two", "The Euro-vision Song Contest" and has been a contestant on  "Hells Kitchen"  to name but a few. She has now proceeded Jonathan Ross on the BBC's flag ship movie review show Film 2011.

So why have I made this blog just because Mrs Winkleman presents a TV show that review movies?

Good question. Well in short, it is because she sucks at her job. Although she is actually married to a film producer (Kris Thykie), you would expect to believe that spending 24 hours a day married to the man that produced the awesome Kick ass and the dark yet poignant Harry Brown she should have something interesting and informed to say when she discusses her thoughts on the latest release? Well, again, in short she doesn't.

I have been watching the BBC's Film Programme since I was a child and it began my love for movies. I remember asking my Mum if I was able to stay up until 11 to see Barry Norman praise or slate the movies that were due to go into the cinema's that week. I remember getting excited to see the top 10 run down as well as my childish eagerness, which I still have today, to watch trailers. After Barry Norman left in 1998 he was replaced by Jonathan Ross who, whether you liked or loathed, still gave solid reviews. Whether I agreed or disagreed with him I still respected his thoughts. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Claudia.

Claudia "I know nothing about movies"
 Winkleman
Please do not think I dislike Claudia, I assure you I respect that she has had a career which includes writing for England's top newspapers (The Sunday Times and The Independent) as a Travel writer; however, please believe that she is so unbelievably wrong to host Film 2011. She is uncharismatic, ill informed on what to look for in a good movie and looks, what I can only described as, dead eyed as she clearly read the auto cue. The shows only saving grace is The Guardian's Danny Leigh who manages to hold together the mess that is the new look Film Programme. 

In addition making the show live has also done it no favours. Why do I  want to hear the opinion of anonymous twat  tweet in to say "I looking forward to watching that"? I don't. Avid film review followers across the globe would agree all we want is unbiased well presented critique on films that we are anticipating or may consider to watch. Remember a film can only do as well as the reviews it gets. With great power comes great responsibility, and Claudia Winkleman is Venom to to The Film Programmes Spiderman.

Now if she can host a film programme and no nothing about films there is absolutely nothing stopping me, or you for that matter.

Phew!!! Okay I'm done. My apologies about my lengthy rant.

My blog will feature my opinion on the latest film releases throughout 2011, my guilty pleasures as well as the eagerly anticipated Claudia's quote of the week. Please feel free to post your comments and your thoughts.

Stay tuned film lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment